About this Module:
This module covers different types of websites, how to use search engines to search the web, and compare finding information using search engines vs. Facebook.
- Module 1: Introduction to Mobile Information & Communication Technologies (ICTs)
- Module 2: A Mobile Lens on the Internet
- Web browsers
- Basic web search
Questions you will be able to answer at the end of this module:
- What are some different types of websites?
- How do I use search engines to search the web?
- How do search engines compare to Facebook?
How long does this module take?
3 hours (180 minutes)
Day, S. (2015). Mobile Information Literacy Curriculum Module 3 Guide: Basic Web Searching via Mobile Devices. Seattle: Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies & the Technology & Social Change Group, University of Washington Information School.
mobile information literacy, information literacy, digital information literacy, digital literacy, mobile-centric, mobile-first, mobile phones, smart phones, Myanmar, ICTs, libraries, curriculum, training, training of trainers