Workshop: Public libraries as platforms for civic engagement
What role should the world’s public libraries have in civic engagement? In light of the corrosive impact of social media on civic discourse, the UW Technology & Social Change Group and the USC Annenberg Innovation Lab convened thought leaders from libraries, civic media, collective action, peace building, media and data literacies to explore new ideas and practices for civic engagement. Participants identified many opportunities, such as devising new public library programs and services that combine digital technologies with face-to-face interactions. The workshop was held May 9-11, 2017 at the University of Washington.
People & Organizations
- Project Team
- Chris Coward, Principal Research Scientist & TASCHA Director, Information School
- Maria Garrido, Principal Research Scientist, Information School
- Chris Jowaisas, Senior Research Scientist, Information School
- Rebecca Sears, TASCHA Assistant Director, Information School
- Colin Maclay, Executive Director of the Annenberg Innovation Lab and Professor (Research) at University of Southern California.
- Katya Yefimova, Research Assistant, Information School